1079 N Main Street
Hopkinsville, KY 42240
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you're not driving an antique, with the technically-advanced computer control systems that have taken the place of simple engine components, tune-ups and buggy whips are both things of the past! If your engine does not operate correctly, you don't need a "Tune-up"; you need a Computerized Engine Analysis to have us diagnose and correct the problem!
However, the engine still needs maintenance. A tune-up used to be necessary to restore lost performance and reliability by replacing worn parts and making critical adjustments to the ignition system and carburetor. Today, the carburetors are gone and the computer constatly fine tunes the engine hundreds of times minute.
If there is anything close to a tune up, it is this service proceedure:
- If the Check Engine or Service Engine Soon light is on, it must be addressed first
- Test drive the vehicle to make sure it runs properly
- Perform and inspection under the hood checking for things that would affect reliability
- Replace the spark plugs
- Replace the fuel fitler ( if servicable )
- Test drive the vehicle again to make sure the service was performed sucessfully.
Our factory-trained technicians are here to provide these basic services. So if you thought you need a tune-up, bring your vehicle to Clearview Tire & Auto Service for a correct diagnosis and professional guaranteed repairs which includes our Certified Auto Repair Nationwide Warranty. We're in Hopkinsville, not far from Ft. Campbell and we've been here since 1952. Most repairs include one year FREE towing and roadside assistance, good 24/7 coast-to-coast.